#

27 déc. 2020

12 Days of Christmas Book Tag

 

Merry Christmas to you all ! I'm so grateful I get to have an almost normal Christmas this year because my mom, stepdad and family-in-law are coming, and I haven't seen them for ages because of the lockdowns. Since august actually, which is like forever for me. And oddly enough, my Christmas spirit is so high this year compared to other years. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas but... I don't know. I feel like seeing my family for the first time in 6 months for Christmas helps a lot feeling particularly Christmas-y this year!

So, in order to celebrate this Christmas spirit, I had to do a book tag! And I discovered this 12 Days of Christmas Book Tag on Kristin Kraves Books' blog, even though it was originally created by Falling Down The Book Hole. And as this tag was created in english, I though it would be fun not to translate it into french and keep it the way I found it. Here we go!


ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS, MY TRUE LOVE SENT TO ME: A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE
The partridge stood alone in the pear tree. What is your favorite stand alone ?

VO: Into the Forest - Jean Hegland

It was a tough choice because I actually had two that came into my mind, even though I've read quite a lot of them and loved many. But this one won my heart completely. It is a realistic "post-apocalyptic" story of what might (or might not) be coming toward us, and I would recommend it to anyone who's worried about our society's future. It is hard but gives hope as well.
P.S.: The second book I was thinking of is The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas.


On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: two turtle doves
Love is in the air! Who is your one true pairing?

I don't know who drew this. If someone knows, please tell me.

There are a lot of book couples that are meant to be together, in my opinion. But this year, my attention has been focused on Clary & Jace from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare because I finally got to read all 6 books (before realizing there are waaaayyy more books). They're just perfect together. I'm not even ashamed.

On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: three french hens
In the spirit of threes, what is the best trilogy you've read?

VF: Un palais d'épines et de roses - Sarah J. Maas

That's a tough one. I've read quite a lot of trilogies, mostly in YA. But I was addicted to this one from page 1. I don't know if we can really consider it as a trilogy because there is a fourth-ish book, but it is not really part of the serie. I mean, it is, but not as the three main books. It's more of a transition into the next set of books. Oh well, I may be cheating a wee bit but it depends on the point of view, I guess.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: four calling birds
Since series usually consist of four or more books, what is your favorite series?

La Passe-miroir - Christelle Dabos
 
As for the three-book series, there are so many series I love. The most obvious is the Harry Potter serie but let's show something else, for once. This is a french four-book serie that I loved soooo much because it was so unlike anything else. Its originality clearly is its strength: fantastic world, unusual characters, amazing story with TONS of details. I'd never read something like that and I probably never will. No idea if it has been translated into english, though...

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: five golden rings
One ring to rule them all! Who is your favourite villain/antagonist?

Ascension - Victor Dixen

I'm really not the kind of person who like the villains. For me, villains are villains and should not be the favourite of anyone. I really have a hard time to care for the villains. So I'm gonna chose one villain that I really really hate and love to hate: Serena McBee, from the Phobos serie (translated as Ascension in english).

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: six geese a laying
Creation is a beautiful thing! What is your favorite world/world-building?

VF: Le pays des contes - Chris Colfer

I have always loved tales. Like really, it brings me back to childhood every single time. So the world that Chris Colfer created makes me dream like no other world. As a child, I dreamed of living in a land full of fairytale's characters. He made it.

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: seven swans a swimming
Who needs seven swans when all it takes is one good animal sidekick to make a hero rock! Who is your favorite animal sidekick?

There isn't a bit of hesitation to have for this one: the Cheshire Cat is the best animal sidekick in the whole book world as far as I'm concerned. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol is my childhood and, let's face it, this cat is just amazing!

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: eight maids a milking
Milk is so 18th century! Which book or series takes beverages/food to a whole new level?


To stay in the Alice in Wonderland vibe, let's talk about Heartless by Marissa Meyer! I really loved this book, about the Queen of Hearts' youth. Whether you have a sweet tooth or not, I swear after reading this book, you'll crave to bake and eat delicious cakes and bakeries!

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: nine ladies dancing
Dancing is just one skill of a lady! Who is your favorite kickass female lead?



I've read this book really recently, after being in my TBR for ages and I have to say that I was really impressed with Starr, the main character. The girl has lived horrible things (like, only one of these things would have me crawl into my bed crying for the rest of my life) and still find the courage to keep living and laughing and fighting. She's a strong one. That book is a "must read" by the way, particularly nowadays...

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: ten Lords a leaping
Leaping Lords? How about who is your favourite leading lad?


This one was a bit tricky to find because most of the books I read have female leading characters and the few male leading characters I find usually piss me off (oh, hello Harry Potter! Come on, this serie is my whole childhood but he's SO annoying!). BUT Irmine and Helbrand from Martyrs by Oliver Peru are great, while quite different from eachother: clever, brave and linked by an amazing brotherly bond, which makes the whole story amazing (two books are available, waiting for the last one).
P.S.: Another great leading lad would be Vango, from the Vango serie by Timothée de Fombelle.


On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: eleven pipers piping
Where would we be without music? What is your favourite book or bookish thing that deals with music? (It can be about music, reference music a lot, etc.)


It is not my favourite book about music but was kind of the only one I could think of. It follows Nannerl Mozart and her little brother Wolfgang (yes, he's the one you're thinking about) as they create their own world, linked by their music. Yes, THEIR music because it appears Wolfgang was not the only musical genius in that family. The difference is that Nannerl was... a girl. It was about time she was written about, actually.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: twelve drummers drumming
Drumroll please................................. What is your favourite read of the year?


I know the cover is kind of lame but this book, THIS BOOK saved my mental health during the first lockdown we got in France. I couldn't read, I had to work home office, alone all day with my cat. And then, while looking for books about Ireland for work, I found this diamond. And I couldn't stop reading. I started to feel strong emotions again, and to dream again. And to finally let go of our unhealthy world for a bit. It is not very famous but it is AMAZING ! It was really the book I needed to read at that time.

 

 I don't tag anyone because I don't like to tag people but feel free to tag yourself if you want to do this little "12 days of Christmas". Don't hesitate to link your version of the tag in the comments! 

Happy Holidays !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire